The purpose of the Messiah College Business Alumni Association is to foster increased interaction and stronger relationships between Messiah’s business alumni; to serve as a resource for current business students within the same field of study; to act as an advocate for the Management & Business Department; and to develop business relationships with individuals representing public, private, and not-for-profit organizations. These objectives will be accomplished through meetings, online forums, e-newsletters, homecoming events, and social gatherings.
In the fall of 2005, Ryan Glenn ’03 was gathering information on masters and business doctorate programs. During his research he noticed that all of the prominent business schools had very large and active alumni associations. Ryan approached Jim Krimmel, Associate Professor of Accounting, about starting a formal association for Messiah’s business alumni. Over several months they met with the Alumni & Parent Relations Office and presented the concept to the Management & Business Department. Upon obtaining full support from the college and department, Prof. Krimmel and Ryan reached out to interested business alumni to form a steering committee. From here, the Messiah College Business Alumni Association was formed.
The following alumni serve as the steering committee for the Messiah College Business Alumni Association:
- Daniel Alonso ’97, Chair (LinkedIn)
- Nate Imboden ’07, Vice-Chair (LinkedIn)
- David Hagenbuch ’89 , Faculty Advisor (LinkedIn)
- Jay McClymont ’92, Alumni Advisor (LinkedIn)
- Reed Horanburg ’04, Technology (LinkedIn)
- Cody Wanner ’09, Sponsorship (LinkedIn)
- Sarah Simme ’11, Finance (LinkedIn)
- Rachel Moury ’02, Event Planning (LinkedIn)
- Joanna Barnhouse ’11, Sponsorship (LinkedIn)
- Jordan Parenti ’12, Advertising (LinkedIn)
Want to get more information about how to join the Steering Committee? We are looking for new members to help in the areas of Technology and Promotion/Advertising. Send us a message via our contact page for more details.